Previously I had written down general life statements that I wanted to be able to claim are “me” at the end of 2013, and now I’m taking the time to share the actual goals that I defined to accomplish those life statements.
Goals should be specific and achievable, they should be SMART, and I’ve tried to apply such criteria as I’ve formulated these goals. Originally, I wrote down goals into the categories that I had defined in my previous post. However, I reorganized them into once a day/week/month categories, and it seemed to be much more clear, so I will present them as such here as well.
Once a Day:
- Scriptures: Continue reading my scriptures every day, but additionally make note of at least one observation each time.
- More time with family: Get on a regular sleep schedule so that I can do things in the AM before family wake up, to maximize time.
- More time with family: Limit information intake (less HN, Twitter, etc.; batching will be key).
Once a Week:
- Make more memories: Take pictures of people more often (and include me in them when possible).
- Get to $5k/mo side project: Dedicate two hours a week to the project.
- Write/study more for IO: One post a week about information overload on this blog.
Once a Month:
- Enterprise software: Talk with senior and C-level and executives more regularly. Take them out to lunch for “interviews” to learn more about this side of the business.
- Take, organize more photos: Try and go on a “photo outing” once a month, can take family.
- Cultivate service and selflessness: Do one service project a month with family, work, friends.
- Cultivate service and selflessness: Be a more active giver (Kiva, invite people into our home for meals, etc.).
- Get to $5k/mo side project: Brain dump everything that’s been bouncing around, then reject them all .
- Get to $5k/mo side project: Do idea extraction and then validate the ideas.
- More time with family: Work out a flex time arrangement with clients/employer.
- Take, organize more photos: Consolidate mine and Paige’s photo libraries.
- Take, organize more photos: Clean all my photo gear.